Welcome to the Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce!
OK. Letís get down to business, because, after all, isnít that why you joined the Chamber?
As the Chair of the Diplomat committee, I can start telling you about our over 170 annual events, our various councils, dozens of committees, leads groups, and more great stuff. You can read about them all on this website.
All very important. But if you are like most members, youíre here because you want to know how you can start leveraging your Chamber investment into REAL DOLLARS right now.
And for that, our Diplomat Committee is here to assist you with creating and implementing your Success Plan. Diplomats are members just like you, who volunteer their time, to assist fellow members.
That brings me to an important point: Success in the chamber, requires involvement at some level. While we hope you enjoy your new Chamber plaque, chances are, on its own, it wonít generate much new business.
Think of the Chamber like a fitness club membership. You only get back what you put in. And itís all about members helping members. Thatís been the "success formula" here for over 100 years and more then 1,400 companies.
If you are ready to start, weíre ready to help.
Member of the Month Award
This is our monthly recognition award to Chamber members, who have gone "above and beyond" in assisting both the Chamber and its members.
- A press release and guaranteed publication in South Florida media
- A "nod" and congrats from Dan Lindblade, President/CEO in his newsletter
- A paid invite to the Trustee luncheon (or if already a Trustee, the Beach or Downtown Council event)
- Recognition at events during that month
- Link to website which explains the award, keeps a record of all honorees - and allow honorees to link to page for their own advertising (good link for a signature)
- Recognition in print version of Chamber directory in Member of the Month section
- One month complimentary tile ad on the Chamber website
Must be a member in good standing
May be an Individual, Company or Committee
The MOTM must take part in a least one of the items/activities below:
- Conducts business with other Chamber members
- Refers prospective new members to Chamber
- Actively involved in at least one Chamber activity:
- Leads Group
Who nominates the MOTM?
All Chamber committees and councils may submit their nominees on the MOTM nomination form.
When is the nomination deadline?
All nomination forms must be submitted to the Diplomat committee no later than the last Monday of the month. Nominations which are received after that date will be entered into the voting for the following month.
Who votes for and elects the MOTM?
Each month, the Diplomat committee receives, reviews, and discusses each nomination and elects the MOTM through a majority vote.