The Weston Advantage
The Weston Advantage!
As a council of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce, the Weston Business Council provides members with access to a wide range of opportunities to grow their respective businesses. By connecting members to valuable resources and key decision-makers, the chamber helps
companies thrive in a competitive marketplace.
To help your business grow, the chamber provides effective networking events, educational forums, leads groups, and more. With enhanced member services and strategic alliances with trade associations, sister chambers, government agencies, and civic officials, you get access to the tools, resources, and people you need to generate long-term business success.
||Message From The Chair
Get ready to take your business to the next level. With the region's most prominent business leaders by your side, you get an opportunity to showcase your products and services on an unprecedented scale.
1. Membership Development – Mindy Jennings, Chair: The goals are to enhance the new member experience from sign up to 6 months, with New Member Orientations, and assigning Diplomats at all Weston Chamber events,
2. Networking Events – Karina Matyisin, Chair: Is focused on creating opportunities for the businesses to develop business leads through event exposure like the Quarterly Breakfast, Business Expo, Business After Hours, Biz Perks, Power Lunch, Leads Groups, Ribbon Cuttings, etc.
3. Leadership Development – Rosanne Caretsky, Chair: looks forward to providing Professional Development opportunities for Business Owners and Executives to meet the “movers and shakers” in the community at a different level. The Leadership Programs Committee would include Education Workshops, access to Leadership Fort Lauderdale, Leadership Broward, etc.
4. Government Affairs – Tom Kallman, Chair: Looks forward to serving as the voice of the business community by ensuring that the local government, City of Weston understands and addresses the local business concerns. Business issues to be addressed include: Transportation, Education, Workforce Development, and Global Trade. Provide opportunities for the local business community to learn about the development in these areas,
5. PR & Marketing: Tells our story in the local media and internal chamber mediums while promoting the WBC members businesses using Social Media, Print magazines and newspapers as well as at the different events.
6. Special Events – Karina Matyisin/David Bekerman, Co-Chair(s): Will be starting early to raise funds for the Chamber operation to complement revenues from Membership Dues.
Here are key actions for growing your business in 2011:
• Attend networking events to meet good contacts• Participate in a leads group to swap business leads and form synergistic groups
• Volunteer on a committee to showcase your talents
• Attend educational forums to learn from the experts
• Refer qualified leads to friends and prospects
• Meet community and business leaders at the networking events
• Gain exposure by sponsoring an event
• Stay informed with e-news and Invitations from the Chamber
• Ask chamber staff for more options for growing your business
• Get listed on The Chamber's website which generates
over 25,000 unique visitors per month as well as access to FREE social networking tools!
Effective Networking is one of the most effective ways to exposing your business to many prospective clients very quickly. Get the added advantage of maximizing the return on your investment by leveraging the combined resources of the Weston Business Council and the other Councils of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce.
Stay tuned for information on our upcoming events!
For additional information, contact the Chamber at (954) 462-6000 ext 8745 firstname.lastname@example.org