I will share this secret with you: joining the Chamber is just the first step... Indeed, Chambers of Commerce can be one of the best friends your business can have, but you need to beINvolved.
At your local Chamber, you will find a plethora of programs and resources intended to make your life easier and your business more profitable. And considering that most small businesses are out there all alone, having a network of like-minded entrepreneurs on your side can really be nice.
Let’s consider the various ways your Chamber can help you:
- Programming: The Chamber programming designed to help members grow their businesses. We bring in speakers, offer educational seminars/workshops, create informational newsletters, host luncheons, spotlight successful members, facilitate small business counseling, supply relevant demographic materials, and offer a variety of other programs intended to help grow members’ businesses.
- Networking: One issue many business owners have is that they are out there on their own, without a whole lot of support from anyone else. But once you joined, that changed in two significant ways.
- First, you will be mixing with a host of like-minded people – small business owners who, like you, are juggling payroll, taxes, a tough economy, and home life. There are people to bounce ideas off of, and ideas from others that can be applied to your business as well.
- Second, we regularly host morning and evening networking events, which offer you the chance to meet and do business with your fellow Chamber members at a time that is convenient for you.
- Lobbying: Legislation of all sorts on the state and federal level have profound impacts on our local businesses. However, most businesses have neither the time, nor resources to lobby on a particular bill. That’s where the Chamber under the direction of the Board of Directors represents our members’ best interests on issues affecting our local economic development.
According to the United States Chamber of Commerce, “We’re the loud voice you need to be heard in the political arena, to represent the important issues that affect small businesses. With your input, we can make a difference and provide tangible results.”
- beINvolved: We have a variety of councils and committees that allow you to participate in your community on issues of importance to you. By joining one of these committees, you can make a difference and have your voice heard.
- Discounts: Through strategic partnerships, the Chamber offers members discounts and deals on everything from health insurance to office supplies to education, and on.
“A good networker has two ears and one mouth and should use each proportionately." ~ Dr. Ivan Miller
Our monthly networking events are yet another way to EXPERIENCE. BETTER. BUSINESS. Pick one from one of the upcoming events or visit us at www.ftlchamber.com and Plan to SUCCEED!
August 6, 11:30pm - 1:00pm
August 7, 11:30pm - 1:00pm
Weston Power Lunch
August 12, 9:30am - 10:30am
Non-Profit Business Breakfast
August 12, 5:30pm - 7:00pm
Washington Summit 2015
August 13, 5:30pm - 7:00pm
August 14, 8:00am - 9:00am
August 19, 11:30am - 1:00am
Board of Directors
August 20, 5:30pm - 7:00pm