Lee National Denim Day
Gilda's Club South Florida is proud to participate as a 2010 community partner of Lee National Denim Day, a fundraising event taking place on October 8, 2010. Now in its 15th year, it’s a day when thousands of companies and organizations across the country offer their staff or members a chance to wear jeans in exchange for a $5 donation to the fight against breast cancer.
Participation is easy:
1. Register a team online at www.denimday.com
2. Recruit Teammates
3. Wear your favorite jeans, get ready to celebrate, and collect donations on
Where are your donations going?
Net proceeds from Lee National Denim Day will benefit the Women's Cancer Programs of the Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF) to:
- Benefit Lee Laboratories nationwide, which work to find more effective, less toxic treatments for breast cancer and increase patient access to some of the most significant clinical trials in the nation.
- Support a multi-year effort led by world-class scientists to develop a blood test for earlier detection of breast cancer when survival rates are the highest, known as the EIF Breast Cancer Biomarker Discovery Project.
- Fund the Cancer Support Community and its affiliate network, including The Wellness Community and Gilda’s Club, an international non-profit dedicated to providing support, education and hope to people affected by cancer in communities nationwide.
For more information please contact Samantha at 954-763-6776 or e-mail email@example.com