Florida Association of Nonprofit Startup
512 NE 3rd Ave.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Please login to access Member Pricing.Login Tickets not currently available for this event
Florida Nonprofits hosts a Nonprofit Start-Up Group on the first Friday of each month*.
The purpose of the two-hour session is to discover what you need to know before launching a nonprofit organization, and includes all contact information for Florida official registrations, IRS, a 1023 worksheet and much more. Bring your information on your start-up organization for discussion. The class is devoted to helping you start a nonprofit organization and will also discuss the 11 areas of nonprofit management to master for success.
10am-12pm.(times are flexible if needed to accommodate your schedule) Classes may also be taken remotely upon request. Duration of the class is approximately 2 hours. Space limited to 3 organizations per session. So register now!
How to Form a Nonprofit Organization
- The decision to Incorporate
- Administrative (32 points to consider)
- Advantages/Disadvantages of a Corporation
- Steps to Incorporate
- Board of Directors
- Liability, Risk Management Mission and Vision Statements
- Strategic Planning
- 501 (c)(3) Tax Exempt Status
- Principal objectives organized and operated for the following purposes: Religious, Charitable, Scientific, Literary, Educational
- Testing for public support
- Human Resources
- Hiring & Firing
- Financial Issues
- Charitable Solicitation Registration
- Communications and Public Relations
- Information Management: Internet and E-Commerce
- Trends - Small Business Competition, State and Local Tax Exemptions, Property Tax Challenges, Mergers
- Political Activity by Nonprofits
- Definition: Federal tax status that is valuable because of tax advantages and the contributors. Corporations with this status many not substantially engage in lobbying or engage in partisan political activities
- Questions & Answers
Sponsorships are available for First Friday Events
Membership Required for Registration
Class may be taught remotely