Important Post-Storm Information
- The most current power outage information across the state can be viewed here.
- The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) has approved a $25 million Emergency Relief (ER) Quick Release Grant to support response and recovery efforts for Florida’s roadways and transportation system. This federal funding will be used to conduct emergency repairs on impacted roads, embankments, bridges or other infrastructure and help restore traffic on major roadways to ensure Florida residents and visitors can travel safely.
- Insurance Commissioner David Altmaier, per the direction of Governor Scott, issued an Emergency Order suspending and activating various insurance regulations and statues to assist policyholders in post-storm recovery. Read the full order here.
- The state has activated the Private Sector Hotline at 850-815-4925. The hotline is available for business inquiries about post-impact information.
- The AppRiver Digital Disaster Recovery Program is an emergency email continuity program provided free by AppRiver to businesses facing imminent natural disasters. Businesses threatened by approaching hurricanes or other catastrophic events may simply redirect their email to AppRiver through our secure data centers. Once the danger passes and connectivity is restored, AppRiver will forward all outage-period e-mail activity to the company’s e-mail server, free of charge.
- See possible tax deductions due to Hurricane Irma's impact here.
- To learn about disaster assistance from the U.S. Small Business Association click here
- The Florida Small Business Bridge Loan Program provides short-term, interest-free capital loans in the amount of $1,000- $25,000 between the time disaster strikes and when a business secures more long-term recovery assistance.
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance provides financial assistance to individuals whose employment or self-employment has been lost or interrupted as a direct result of a major disaster and who are not eligible for regular unemployment insurance benefits
After the Storm
- Report damage to the county here
- If you lose power, turn off and disconnect electronic equipment. Leave a single lamp or radio on to alert when power is restored
- When power is restored, turn on appliances one at a time
- Broward County Resources: 211
- Broward County Hurricane Hotline: 311
- Reporting Damage: 311
- FEMA Hotline: (800) 342-3557
- Florida Emergency Information Hotline: 1-800-342-3557
- Reporting downed power lines to FPL: 1-800-4OUTAGE
- Fort Lauderdale Neighbor Service Center: (954) 828-8000
- Fort Lauderdale Emergency Information Line (954) 828-8888
- Pet Friendly Hurricane Shelter Registration: (954) 989-3977
- State of Florida Dept. of Financial Services Hurricane Helpline: 1-800-22-STORM
- Broward County Solid Waste & Recycling Services: (954) 765-4999
How you can Help
The Florida Disaster Fund is the State of Florida’s official private fund established to assist Florida’s communities as they respond to and recover during times of emergency or disaster. In partnership with the public sector, private sector and other non-governmental organizations, the Florida Disaster Fund supports response and recovery activities.
100% of funds raised will go toward disaster-related response and recovery; there are no overhead costs. Donations to the Florida Disaster Fund are made to the Volunteer Florida Foundation, 501(c)(3) charitable organization and are tax deductible.
The Florida Disaster Fund distributes funds to service organizations that will serve individuals within their communities with disaster response and recovery. Individuals seeking financial assistance should register with FEMA at 800-621-FEMA or www.disasterassistance.gov.
Donate by Credit Card – Click here
Donate by Text – To make a onetime donation of $10, text the word DISASTER to 20222.
Donate by Check – Please make check out to the Volunteer Florida Foundation and mail to:
Volunteer Florida Foundation
Attn: Florida Disaster Fund
3800 Esplanade Way – Suite 180
Tallahassee, FL 32311
Please include “Florida Disaster Fund” in the memo line.
Protect Yourself from Scammers
- Price Gouging Hotline: (866) 9-NO-SCAM