Cultural Council's Mission:
Work to strengthen partnerships between the arts and businesses.
Business support for the arts is driven less by a charitable focus and more by a focus on how the arts economically impact the communities in which their employees live and work.
To this end it is a benefit to businesses to help drive success and form a thriving arts community.
ART = GOOD BUSINESS
- Art & Culture account for 3.25% of U.S. GDP, greater than both tourism and agriculture
- The Benefits of Art & Culture in Broward:
- Produces almost 12,000 full-time jobs
- Is nearly a $500 million industry
- Brings in over $40 million in annual tax revenue
- Art & Culture helps to attract Top Talent; 65 % of businesses and workers agree cultural arts is a driving factor in relocation decisions.
Click here to see all the benefits of the Arts.
Contact us to find out how your business can get involved.
Benefits to Chamber Members:
The Cultural Council has partnered with local organizations to bring our members discounts at the following organizations:
Broward Center for the Performing Arts (www.browardcenter.org/ftlchamber)
- 10% - 20% discounts plus no service fee at Broward Center for the Performing Arts, Parker Playhouse, the Aventura Arts & Cultural Center and Pembroke Pines City Center.
- 20% discount for venue rentals to Chamber members. With venues ranging from the intimate to the immense, we can help you plan your private party, food or music event, wedding, corporate function, or whatever it is you are celebrating, in an art-centric way.
NSU Art Museum Fort Lauderdale (http://nsuartmuseum.org)
- Free month of membership at NSU Art Museum with the purchase of a Museum membership at the Chamber member's level of choice. Additionally, $2 discount on Museum admission and 10% off at the Museum store.
Skirtzophrenic Studio (https://www.skirtzophrenic.com/)
- 15% discount on one of a kind creations featuring skirts, scarves and jackets. This includes sale items as well.
If you are interested in becoming part of the Cultural Council, please fill out an interest form by clicking here.