Join Our Team
Current Job Openings
Business Development Executive
We are seeking a dynamic Business Development Executive for Membership Sales, reporting to the Director of Business Development. Your time will be spent following prospecting and calling on leads from the Chamber’s website, member referrals, businesses from our database and actively prospecting new members at community events.
- Actively prospect and contact potential members
- Strategically plan sales activity for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Represent the Chamber at corporate and community events
- Generate sales leads by researching and contacting businesses of all sizes and industries
- Schedule and attends sales appointments outside the office
- Weekly Sales meetings and reports
- Collect member investments and assist with A/R collections
- Follow-up and address members’ needs in a timely manner
- Utilize CRM system to keep accurate and timely records of prospects and members
- Welcome and onboard your new members to increase the rate of renewals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Highly motivated and target driven with successful sales track record
- Knowledge of MS OfficeSuite, Outlook, Excel, Word
- Familiarity with CRM practices
- Ability to build productive business professional relationships
- Excellent sales, communication and negotiation skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the client needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
Interested? Send your resume to Dan@ftlchamber.com
Director of Business Development
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Director of Business Development (DBD) is responsible for all retention and acquisition of General Members and Trustee of the Chamber. The DBD will create and execute an annual plan consistent with the operating budget that will generate growth in our retention of existing members on all levels and meet identified new member projections.
- Creates and executes an annual membership recruitment and retention plan which is consistent with the annual budget approved by the Board of Directors.
- Manages all Business Development Executives (BDE) and sets specific measurable goals for their success. This includes but is not limited to: daily, weekly, monthly and annual acquisitions and renewals; face-to-face calls/presentations; conversion ratio; member relationship plans; and number of referral partners and referrals).
- Is actively involved in the sales and retention process. Makes sales calls and has a book of business as part of the position’s compensation schedule and works with the sales team to meet production goals.
- Manage relationships with staff, cross functional team, committees and volunteers.
- Develops long and short term goals for membership that are linked to the Chamber’s mission and strategic direction and which integrate issues, concerns and priorities identified by the Board of Directors and executive leadership.
- Identifies value added programs, products and services to enhance the membership experience.
- Creatively resolves problems for members and BDEs.
- Develops and manages membership relations in accordance with established policies, budgets, procedures and specifications.
- Prepares detailed membership reports on a monthly basis to include but not be limited to: percentage of retention, new members (by category), dollar volume of renewals and new members, etc.
- Ensures a maximum level of member service and satisfaction is achieved and maintained.
Salary: Base plus bonus, commensurate with experience and tied to meeting recruitment/retention plan.
Interested? Send your resume to Dan@ftlchamber.com
Director of Communications
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Director of Communications will set and guide the strategy for all communications, website and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate the Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce’s mission. The Directors of Communications will ensure that the Chamber is viewed as the primary source, disseminator, and conduit of information within the South Florida region.
The Director of Communications will work closely with Chamber staff as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives.
- Develop, implement and evaluate the annual communications plan across the Chamber’s diverse audience base.
- Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Decide who, when and where to disseminate.
- Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, directories, flyers, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram and the Chamber’s website.
- Coordinate webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information is posted regularly.
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the network over time.
- Manage development, distribution and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, annual report, e-newsletter, the Chamber’s web site, and social media channels.
- Works closely with key committees like Branding and Technology.
- Assists other departments in meeting their communications and marketing goals.
- Manage all media contacts.
The Chamber is seeking an accomplished Director of Communications who has at least 8 years of communications experience, ideally in an “in-house” leadership role within a complex non-profit entity, and covering areas such as website content, electronic newsletters, and investor communications. The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the most effective communications channels is critical.
Specific requirements include:
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implement communications strategies.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communications skills.
- A strong track record as a implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently on deadline.
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”.
- High energy, maturity and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, investors, and government.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.