Join Our Team
Current Job Openings
Business Development Executive
We are seeking a dynamic Business Development Executive for Membership Sales, reporting to the Director of Business Development. Your time will be spent following prospecting and calling on leads from the Chamber’s website, member referrals, businesses from our database and actively prospecting new members at community events.
- Actively prospect and contact potential members
- Strategically plan sales activity for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Represent the Chamber at corporate and community events
- Generate sales leads by researching and contacting businesses of all sizes and industries
- Schedule and attends sales appointments outside the office
- Weekly Sales meetings and reports
- Collect member investments and assist with A/R collections
- Follow-up and address members’ needs in a timely manner
- Utilize CRM system to keep accurate and timely records of prospects and members
- Welcome and onboard your new members to increase the rate of renewals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Highly motivated and target driven with successful sales track record
- Knowledge of MS OfficeSuite, Outlook, Excel, Word
- Familiarity with CRM practices
- Ability to build productive business professional relationships
- Excellent sales, communication and negotiation skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the client needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
Interested? Send your resume to Dan@ftlchamber.com
Director of Business Development
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Director of Business Development (DBD) is responsible for all retention and acquisition of General Members and Trustee of the Chamber. The DBD will create and execute an annual plan consistent with the operating budget that will generate growth in our retention of existing members on all levels and meet identified new member projections.
- Creates and executes an annual membership recruitment and retention plan which is consistent with the annual budget approved by the Board of Directors.
- Manages all Business Development Executives (BDE) and sets specific measurable goals for their success. This includes but is not limited to: daily, weekly, monthly and annual acquisitions and renewals; face-to-face calls/presentations; conversion ratio; member relationship plans; and number of referral partners and referrals).
- Is actively involved in the sales and retention process. Makes sales calls and has a book of business as part of the position’s compensation schedule and works with the sales team to meet production goals.
- Manage relationships with staff, cross functional team, committees and volunteers.
- Develops long and short term goals for membership that are linked to the Chamber’s mission and strategic direction and which integrate issues, concerns and priorities identified by the Board of Directors and executive leadership.
- Identifies value added programs, products and services to enhance the membership experience.
- Creatively resolves problems for members and BDEs.
- Develops and manages membership relations in accordance with established policies, budgets, procedures and specifications.
- Prepares detailed membership reports on a monthly basis to include but not be limited to: percentage of retention, new members (by category), dollar volume of renewals and new members, etc.
- Ensures a maximum level of member service and satisfaction is achieved and maintained.
Salary: Base plus bonus, commensurate with experience and tied to meeting recruitment/retention plan.