Join Our Team
Business Development Executive
We are seeking a dynamic Business Development Executive for Membership Sales for exciting times at our Chamber. We are launching a State of the Art brand new website which will bring tremendous growth to our organization.
Founded in 1910, the Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce is the oldest and largest business organization in Broward County with over 1400 members from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. We bring businesses, organizations and individuals together through our Signature Events, Council Events, Leads Groups, Networking and Leadership Programs, Board of Director and Trustee Luncheons and Receptions, Chairman’s Circle Events, Business After Hours, and over 250 programs per year.
If you are looking for a high profile, fast-paced and extremely professional environment, join our team! Your time will be spent following prospecting and calling on leads from the Chamber’s website, member referrals, businesses from our database, and actively prospecting new members at community events.
- Actively prospect and contact potential members
- Strategically plan sales activity for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Represents the Chamber at corporate and community events
- Generates sales leads by researching and contacting businesses of all sizes and industries
- Schedules and attends sales appointments outside the office
- Weekly Sales meetings and reports
- Collect member investments and assist with A/R collections
- Follow-up and address members’ needs in a timely manner
- Utilize CRM system to keep accurate and timely records of prospects and members
- Welcome and onboard your new members to increase the rate of renewals
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Requirements :
- Highly motivated and target driven with successful sales track record
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, Outlook, Excel, Word
- Familiarity with CRM practices
- Ability to build productive business professional relationships
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the client needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
Job Benefits :This job provides a draw against earned commissions.
We offer a comprehensive, rich benefits package that includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flex Benefits Package
- 401K Plan and Match
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Email your resume to Director of Membership Jill Horowitz