Leadership Fort Lauderdale
The future of our communities depends upon well-informed and involved leaders. Leadership Fort Lauderdale is designed to create better communities by identifying, educating and motivating leaders.
Founded in 1994, the program is sponsored by the Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce. A participant in Leadership Fort Lauderdale will:
- Develop an awareness of business issues and challenges facing your community and the region.
- Discover your personal leadership strengths, and find new areas where you can make meaningful contributions.Increase your ability to articulate a vision of the community and put that vision into action.
- Network with a diverse, regional group of community and business leaders.
- Make a commitment to creating better communities.
- Small business owners, managers and career-minded individuals who want to expand their knowledge of business and community issues and strengthen their involvement in community affairs.
- Individuals from the public sector who seek a broader view of the community and a better understanding of local and regional business issues.
- Concerned community volunteers who aspire to increase their effectiveness in the community.
- Existing and emerging leaders who hope to shape the direction of their community and region.
Participation in Leadership Fort Lauderdale is open to any Chamber member or non-member interested in expanding knowledge of community and business issues.
Selection is based on the following criteria:
- Committed to becoming more involved in the community & The Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce
- Committed to increasing your effectiveness in the community through active participation
- Interest in developing personal leadership skills
"This has been one of the best career development experiences I have had in 30+ years. As you know, I also am a Leadership America graduate which was a great experience for me. But Leadership Ft. Lauderdale was a far more rewarding experience for me."
-Wanda Kilgore, Agency Field Leader with State Farm Insurance
For more information, contact Dolores Molina, Administrative Coordinator at 954.462.8023 or Carolyn Michaels, Executive Vice President and Program Director 954.426.2396